My camera seems to have become an extension of my amateur photographer eyes! All photos prior to 2007 are scanned and were taken with a Fuji camera.



Thursday 9 April 2009

At 20:30 hours yesterday evening, at home

It was 2:30 pm in Cincinnati, Ohio, the beginning of Whitney Smith's memorial service. I didn't know Whit but I have been getting to know his father for whom I have much respect. Whit was too young to die and I hope he is at peace with himself now. His was not an ordinary life and those of you who are open-minded might want to read Superfriends without feeling the need to judge. Judging is easy. Trying to understand is far more difficult. Whit was a gifted and intelligent writer with a good sense of humour and sarcasm. The link to Whit's blog is right here on this page, if you scroll down a little.
Rest peacefully Whit.
Jeff, don't give up.

2 comments:

Whit Smith said...

Sandrina, thank you from the bottom of what is left of my heart.

Whit will be laid to rest tomorrow, Saturday, at 11:00 a.m., in Spring Grove Cemetery, the setting of his last Father's Day gift to me.

I extend my gratitude to you - and all those whose names I don't know - for seeing something of what I have always seen in my son.

Jeff

Ninoushka said...

waow, j'avais lu ton commentaire à propos des photos de bougie, mais je n'avais pas pensé à regarder ton blog pour voir si tu les avais postées...
Merci beaucoup de les avoir mises en ligne, et merci pour tout ce que tu fais pour Whit
Bises,
Nina
minoukatwoman@gmail.com