My camera seems to have become an extension of my amateur photographer eyes! All photos prior to 2007 are scanned and were taken with a Fuji camera.



Sunday 18 April 2010

Sunday Bridge Series: le pont Alexandre III, Paris, France, 2010

For "Louis la Vache's" Sunday Bridge Series, here is a pretty classic and even slightly touristy view of Alexandre III bridge in Paris, arguably my favourite, which was built between 1896 and 1900 in honour of Tsar Alexander III. Do check out other bridges @ San Francisco Bay Daily Photo or better still, join us with your photos of bridges!

12 comments:

Lowell said...

That is a slightly different view than my own or other pictures I've seen. It's our favorite bridge in Paris, also.

Louis la Vache said...

Ah! «Louis'» favorite bridge in Paris!

He's posting the link now!

VP said...

One of the most spectacular bridges I have ever seen.

Small City Scenes said...

OK. OK. I'll call it my favorite Paris bridge---never been there but I do like it. It is very nice and ornate. MB

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

Ok, now you've gotta tell me about this fabulous bridge. Why would France name a bridge for Russia's Tsar Nicholas?

Jan
GDP

EG CameraGirl said...

It's a magnificent bridge! Great way to impress the Tsar!

B SQUARED said...

Easy to see why it is your favorite.

Chuck Pefley said...

I love all those Paris bridges over the Seine!

Cezar and Léia said...

This one is hard to beat, it's a stunning bridge!
God bless you!
Cezar

amatamari© said...

A magnificent view, a wonderful shot!
:-)

Unknown said...

picturesque!

Halcyon said...

A lovely one!